CERIC: Call for Proposals
Proposals of experiments via CERIC infrastructure
Why make use of CERIC?
Write one application for experiments on multiple first-class scientific instruments instead of many, one for each instrument. Instead of dealing with nuances of several institution-specific application systems, deal with only one. You can focus on what matters.
Create and submit your applications here: VUO
The administration of experiment proposals is currently provided by the synchrotron Elettry, which is why you need to register in the Virtual Unified Office (VUO) first. After logging in, use a link in the sectionto create your proposal of experiments for the needed instruments at all consortium partner laboratories.
The experimental time of our laboratories and instruments is given out free of charge - we are Open Access facility. The official text of the application call is here: Call One. Kindly note that the applications' deadline is September 22, 2014 at 5pm Trieste time (UTC+1).
CERIC unites part of Prague Surface physics laboratory instrumentation with most beamline laboratories of the Elettra synchrotron in Trieste and an increasing number of specialized laboratories around Europe. You will find links to detailed information on the individual instruments on pages of the call. The present call offers :
- synchrotron beam line laboratories in Trieste
- the XPD a FESEM instruments of the surface physics laboratory of Charles University in Prague
- instruments of the Light Scattering Laboratory at the Graz University of Technology
- instrumentation of the Slovenian NMR centre in Ljubljana
- instruments of ESR a HRTEM laboratories in Mägurele
- neutron probe laboratories at the nuclear reactor in Budapest
- ion accelerator laboratories in Zagreb
Make sure to discuss your experimental plans with scientists in charge of each needed instrument - detailed technical plans of the experiments are essential in the evaluation of your proposal!